Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I dont want to be your downtime.

So I sorted appropriately and discussed with R what it is that’s Amiss. After 3 completely draining hours of banging heads about it, he sought the path of least resistance and presented a simple solution… pretty much the same simple solution we’d talked about before. Yet here we were, having the same discussion again. I walked away somewhat disappointed and in shock wondering how my intelligent husband couldn’t understand my point.

Well, he finally got it… yesterday at work. I guess he just needed some time to mull it over. Yay us! He got it. We had a good debrief about it last night over bourbon salmon** and spinach salad.

Another result of the post-head-banging debrief is that I’m not going to be vague about my thoughts here any longer. I started blogging with the understanding that at some point (far off in the future), the two men in my life would be reading it. I didn’t intend for it to be this point in the not-so-far-off future, but I let it slip to B. (There’s a whole nother entry about Freudian slips and manipulation that is somewhat intertwined with this, but that’s for another day.) So here we are.

From the News of Good News Department, my black bra has resurfaced. I’m really excited about this. It wasn’t cheap. Turns out it had jumped into one of the toy boxes in the basement. R found it last night frolicking with a riding crop and some leather ankle cuffs. Yes, I truly believe my toys are no different than the Toy Story toys. I hear them rattling around in the basement from time to time. It's hard for chains to move about quietly.

Speaking of toys, R gave me a good beating last night. (Yay me!) I have the weirdest bruise pattern I’ve ever seen on my ass. Well, there was that one bruise that was the size and shape of Australia, but this is different. It’s almost like stippling. I keep looking in the mirror to try and figure out what it’s shaped like. Nothing yet.

Another week has passed without B and I being able to get together. I am missing him pretty awfully badly but am trying not to whine about it. We all get to hear enough whining in our lives, don’t we?



**This is an excellent marinade for salmon. It's not my recipe, but an exhaustive 60-second search of the net yielded no results for the source.

Salmon Marinade

7 Tbs Bourbon (cheap stuff is good)
1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
11 tsps cooking oil
2 Tbs dark brown sugar
6-1/4 tsp soy sauce

Mix all ingredients well. Pour over salmon fillets in casserole dish. Cover and let marinate for 4 hours or overnight.

To cook:
Grill on medium heat. Place Salmon skin side down. Cook until 3/4 done. Remove skin after turning over. Brush with marinade and cook for 1 minute.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Hi DC,

I'm glad you two are connecting. That's good.

The salmon sounds delightful. As for the bruise as big as Australia, all I can say is owwwww!

I like the idea of sex toys coming alive and having their own adventures. In fact, but for Pixar's attorney's, there might be a market for an NC-17 version of Toy Story!

Hugs,
Bonnie

28 June, 2006 15:12  
Blogger Damnation's Cellar said...

Hey Bonnie,

Sex toys coming alive and having their own adventures... that sounds like something Shon would write about. I hope none of the Toys I know and love are in the Pixar version, but it'd be hard to not make good use of the name Woody. *snicker*

Yes, connecting is good. I'm thankful to have the kind of relationship that lets me feel comfortable talking about anything at all.

DC

29 June, 2006 04:49  
Blogger Bonnie said...

DC,

Let's not forget Buzz Lightyear! What a perfect name for a vibrator.

29 June, 2006 20:09  
Blogger Damnation's Cellar said...

*LOL*

How did I miss that one?!

DC

29 June, 2006 20:29  
Blogger Tigger said...

Ok Bonnie and DC... you two are really onto something... seriously... just imagine the market for such a movie, and then imagine all the "toys" you could sell based on the movie.

Geez... you could both retire... by the way, as long as it is a comedy (otherwise known as a parody) you can do anything that you like with the Toy Story idea...

This was a great post DC, especially the part about the talking/walking toys... makes me laugh hysterically everytime that I think about it!

As for reconnecting, I'll be doing that soon myself and my hubby is making a guest appearance of sorts on tomorrow's post on my blog... check it out if you're so inclined.

Hugs!
Tigger

01 July, 2006 19:13  
Blogger Damnation's Cellar said...

And you know the leather cuffs would have to have a Chip & Dale quality. Twins, but opposites; conjoined at times but left free to roam independently on occasion. Thus the single cuff in a toybag or drawer.

04 July, 2006 06:02  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home