Monday, June 26, 2006

I can see right through you...

As you can see in number 54 of my list, I hate to shop. Detest it. I went to K-Mart (Yes, K-Mart sucks, but it’s near by) one day last week and was amused and irritated to experience every single one of The Reasons I Hate to Shop. I wrote a whole several paragraphs about it and decided not to share because it’s just bitching and moaning. And we all get to hear enough bitching and moaning in our lives, don’t we?

So the K-Mart trip evolved into subsequent trips to the office supply store, another discount store, and yesterday, the bookstore. Oh, and last night I shopped on ebay. I am a big fan of ebay and have an on-again, off-again relationship with it. I’ve been off-again for a good long while now. But I actually placed several items on my Watch List, so I may be going back. My ebay shopping (and yes, for those of you who are wondering, I DID buy shoes) led me to a web site from Holland, where, yet again, I made a purchase. And out of all that shopping, not one thing was for the toybag, which is a shame.

Now by this time, bells and whistles were sounding loudly. And not just the storm whistle, though it was going off all weekend. This shopping spree is indicative of something else going on. It’s not PMS and it’s not spending anyone else’s money to get even with them in some way. It’s my money.

I feel this sense of accomplishment by just coming to the realization that Something Is Amiss as evidenced by this shoppingfest. So I’m watching and sorting and thinking, which may get me into trouble. But I’m in pursuit of the truth (but not justice and I think I’m familiar with the American Way).

I think I know what it is, but there are some things on the periphery that I want to rule on before moving forward.

Speaking of Superman, I saw a preview for the upcoming movie at the theater yesterday. It looks good.

Another vague entry with rumblings of some vague discontentment… You know, since both of the men in my life read my blog now, I'm finding it a lot more difficult to talk about things in any form other than vagueness. Maybe I need to try some more fiction.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shon Richards said...

Yep, time for more fiction. Once the loved ones in your life read your blog, it gets harder to complain about them there. On the other hand, you could always tell them to go away :)

More fiction :)

26 June, 2006 06:36  
Blogger Damnation's Cellar said...

Heheh... Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm thinking about another chapter for the Books on Boobs story. See what you've started?!

26 June, 2006 08:06  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home